Thursday, July 30, 2015

Side note-on being an American

My EasyJet flight back to London from Lisbon was packed, so it took quite a while for the food cart to roll my way. The woman to my right ordered a hot chocolate. After she ordered, the female flight attendant asked, "Anything else Madame, other than the hot cocoa?" The  male flight attendant sneered and said, "hot COCOA, what are you, American?"

He then asked me if I wanted anything to eat or drink- "water and mixed nuts, thanks." As he filled my order the male attendant quietly said to his colleague, "I bet she wants hot cocoa."
"What, she wants cocoa?"
"No, she drinks hot cocoa, get it?"
"No."
Finally, I interject, "he's saying I'm American." It took quite a bit of strength on my part not to end the statement with "asshole."

No comments:

Post a Comment