Monday, July 27, 2015

Playing the tourist

My remaining day and night in Lisbon were filled with delicious food, inspired beauty, but mostly fun filled with my newly formed surf crew. 
We listened to Fado music, drank vino verde (see, I told you I'd get back to that) I had heard of green wine before, but had pretty low expectations. It was crisp and bright and dry and went down well with whatever I ate...the fado music however, was another story. It was well performed, but that's sadly all I can say about it. It was a beautiful downer.

My last day in Portugal began at midday because well, that's what happens when the verde flows til 4am. I saw castles and vistas and drank my fill of coffe and ate my fill of cake.
Before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye to Portugal and to my new travel mates...they all stayed behind for one more night of festivities- I admittedly wishes I had booked a later flight. But apparently we have plans to reunite in Stockholm for a summer crayfish party...

So off I went. I bought some verde and headed back to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment