Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Post 4th recovery


How does one recover from 13 or so hours of July 4th celebrating? You revel in nature in the middle of a city apparently. Jenn and I started the day by walking to the Columbia street flower market. Men and women of all sorts basically yell flower prices at passers by in hopes of attracting new clientele. Despite the yelling, it was stunningly beautiful and a well needed reprieve from the over-indulgence of the day before. We then headed to Spitalfields and my favorite restaurant- St John Bread & Wine. I probably should have been embarrassed  with all the audible moans I emitted, but I wasn't in the least. I happily ate my face off and walked back to Highbury.

The next step was a recovery ride. Jenn discovered Psycle recently- basically a Soul Cycle redux. Not my cup of tea but we sweated every ounce or Pimm's and rosé out. 

The day was completed with this stunning display:
A terrace in South Kennsington on a warm Monday night. I love how the Europeans do relaxation...though I still find myself less than relaxed. I think it will take me a bit longer to fully realize that I am not going back to the office next week. This isn't some quick jaunt to London. This is real. There's no normal routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment